Pink Agaricus mushroom is a fungus. It originated in Brazil but is now grown in China, Japan, Brazil, and the US. Solutions containing chemicals that are taken from the plant are used as medicine. Pink Agaricus mushroom is used for various types of cancer, and for the side effects of cancer treatments, but there is no strong evidence supporting any uses.
How does it work?
The appropriate dose of Agaricus mushroom depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for the Pink Agaricus mushroom. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
Side Effects & Safety
When taken by mouth: Agaricus mushroom is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken for up to 12 months. Agaricus mushroom can cause blood sugar to go too low (hypoglycemia) in some people with diabetes. It can also cause nausea, diarrhea, and upset stomach.
A few people who took Agaricus mushroom during treatment for cancer have developed severe liver damage, and a few have had allergic reactions.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There isn’t enough reliable information to know if Agaricus mushroom is safe to use when pregnant or breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Liver disease: There is some concern that Agaricus mushroom might cause liver disease or make it worse. Don’t use it if you have liver disease.
Surgery: Agaricus mushroom might lower blood sugar. There is some concern that it might interfere with blood sugar control during surgery. Stop using Agaricus mushroom at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.